EMS Care Chapter 39 | Transport Operations
We begin EMS Care Chapter 39 | Transport Operations with an introduction to the subject. We subsequently explore in-depth:
- Lesson 1: Medical Transportation Services
- Lesson 2: The History of the Ambulance
- Lesson 3: The Ambulance Call | Part A
- Lesson 4: The Ambulance Call | Part B
- Lesson 5: Ground Ambulance Crashes
- Lesson 6: Air Medical Transport
- Lesson 7: Special Considerations
The Core Concepts and takeaways from this chapter cover:
- Safety issues during transport
- Patients and EMS Personnel properly secured
- Considerations for using lights and sirens
- Prep and equipment security
The guidelines covered include
- Federal Initiatives to Monitor Ground Ambulance Crashes
- Ground Ambulance Crashes
- If you only want to take the online course for CME credit, you can pay here. The fee for online-only does NOT include a skills session nor (re)certification. You will receive a certificate for CME credit after successful completion of the course.
- This course is part of the EMT Recertification Day 3 curriculum and the New Initial EMT Course. If you sign up for one of those courses, you will be automatically enrolled in this course. Click here for scheduled courses.
- To get credit for this course, you must watch all the lessons in their entirety, the course review, and pass the quiz at the end with a score of 75% or better.