EMS Care Chapter 31 | Bleeding and Shock | EMS
We begin EMS Care Chapter 31 | Bleeding and Shock | EMS with an introduction to the subject. We subsequently explore these lessons in-depth:
- Lesson 1 – The Circulatory System
- Lesson 2 – Bleeding
- Lesson 3 – Shock (Hypoperfusion)
The Core Concepts and takeaways from this chapter cover:
- How to recognize arterial, venous, and capillary bleeding
- How to evaluate the severity of external bleeding
- How to control external bleeding
- Signs, symptoms, and care of a patient with internal bleeding, and finally
- Signs, symptoms, and care of a patient with shock
- If you only want to the Bleeding and Shock course online course for CME credit, you can pay here. The fee for online-only does NOT include a skills session nor (re)certification. You will receive a certificate for CME credit after successful completion of the course.
- This course is part of the EMT Recertification Day 3 curriculum. If you sign up for one of those courses, you will be automatically enrolled in this course. Click here for scheduled courses.
- To get credit for this course, you must watch all the lessons in their entirety, the course review, and pass the quiz at the end with a score of 75% or better.