EMS Care Chapter 27 | Gynecologic, Obstetric, and Neonatal Emergencies
We begin this chapter on Care for Gynecologic, Obstetric, and Neonatal Emergencies with an introduction to the subject. We subsequently explore in-depth:
- Lesson 1: Anatomy and Physiology of the female reproductive system
- Lesson 2: Physiology of Labor and Pre-Delivery Assessment
- Lesson 3: Normal Childbirth
- Lesson 4: Post Delivery: Neonate & Mother
- Lesson 5: Childbirth Complications
- Lesson 6 discusses Pregnancy Emergencies, and
- Lesson 7 covers Gynecological Emergencies
- Lesson 8 is a Chapter Review
The Core Concepts and takeaways from this chapter include:
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of the female productive system.
- Know how pregnancy affects female physiology and anatomy
- Recognize a pregnancy emergency and be able to manage the evolving conditions
- Caring for a neonate including resuscitation
- Managing the mother post-delivery
- Pre-labor pregnancy emergencies
- Have a basic overview of non-pregnancy related gynecological emergencies
- If you only want to take the online course for CME credit, you can pay here. The fee for online-only does NOT include a skills session nor (re)certification. You will receive a certificate for CME credit after successful completion of the course.
- This course is part of the EMT Recertification Day 2 curriculum and the New Initial EMT Course. If you sign up for one of those courses, you will be automatically enrolled in this course. Click here for scheduled courses.
- To get credit for this course, you must watch all 8 lessons in their entirety, the course review, and pass the quiz at the end with a score of 75% or better.