EMS Care Chapter 19 | Cardiac Emergencies
We begin EMS Care Chapter 19 | Cardiac Emergencies with an introduction to the subject. We subsequently explore in-depth:
- Lesson 1: Anatomy of the Heart
- Lesson 2: Pathophysiology of the Heart
- Lesson 3: Care During Cardiac Emergencies
- Lesson 4: Return of Spontaneous Circulation
- Lesson 5: Cardiac Arrest
- Lesson 6: Pediatric Cardiac Emergencies
The Core Concepts and takeaways from this chapter cover:
- Recognition of Return of Spontaneous Circulation
- Optimizing Ventilation and Oxygenation
- Hemodynamic Instability
- System of care to ensure coronary reperfusion
- Chain of Survival
- Optimal chest compressions
- Pediatric CPR
- If you only want to take the online course for CME credit, you can pay here. The fee for online-only does NOT include a skills session nor (re)certification. You will receive a certificate for CME credit after successful completion of the course.
- This course is part of the EMT Recertification Day 3 curriculum and the New Initial EMT Course. If you sign up for one of those courses, you will be automatically enrolled in this course. Click here for scheduled courses.
- To get credit for this course, you must watch all the lessons in their entirety, the course review, and pass the quiz at the end with a score of 75% or better.