EMS Care Chapter 14 | Patient Assessment
EMT Patient Assessment
EMS Care Chapter 14 | Patient Assessment starts with an introduction to the topic and has presentations on various aspects of Scene size up and how to go about the primary and secondary assessment. We subsequently explore in-depth the following lessons:
- Lesson 1: Scene Size-up and Safety.
- Lesson 2: Primary Assessment.
- Lesson 3: Secondary Assessment.
Core Concepts covered :
- Size-up the scene and determine if additional or specialized resources are required.
- Quickly identify and protect oneself from violent or hazardous situations.
- Assess the patient to understand the problem, so appropriate care can be given.