EMS Care Chapter 13 | Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) | Product
EMS Care Chapter 13 | Left Ventricular Assist Device | LVAD Training begins with an introduction to the care of the subject. We subsequently explore the care of the LVAD Patient in-depth with the following lessons:
- Left Ventricular Assist Devices
- LVAD Functionality
- Status, Alarms, Actions
- LVAD Patient Assessment
- Controls for Different LVADs
Caring for the LVAD Patient | LVAD Training
We cover the following core concepts
- First, what is an LVAD and why is it used.
- Next, is how to assess an LVAD patient.
- Number three is to understand how an LVAD works.
- Fourth is how to evaluate an LVAD device, and manage malfunctions if needed.
- Number 5 is the immediate information you need to gather on the scene. So, in case you need to call for ALS and the Type of Advanced Life Support you may require
- Finally, you will review the Generation 2 and 3, LVAD devices you may encounter.
- If you only want to take the online course for CME credit, you can pay here. The fee for online-only does NOT include a skills session nor (re)certification. You will receive a certificate for CME credit after successful completion of the course.
- This course is part of the EMT Recertification Day 5 curriculum and the New Initial EMT Course. Hence, if you sign up for one of those courses, you will be automatically enrolled in this course. Click here for scheduled courses.
- To get credit for this course, you must watch all the lessons in their entirety, the course review, and pass the quiz at the end with a score of 75% or better.