EMS Care Chapter 21 | Allergic Reactions & Immunological Emergencies
We begin this chapter on Allergic Reactions & Immunological Emergencies with an introduction to the subject. We subsequently explore in-depth:
- Lesson 1: Pathophysiology of Allergies
- Lesson 2: Common Allergens
- Lesson 3: Anaphylaxis
- Lesson 4: Assessment and Management
- Lesson 5: Epinephrine
- Lesson 6: Chapter Review
The Core Concepts and takeaways from this chapter include knowing how to manage:
- Allergic reactions
- Treatment for Anaphylaxis
- If you only want to take the online course for CME credit, you can pay here. The fee for online-only does NOT include a skills session nor (re)certification. You will receive a certificate for CME credit after successful completion of the course.
- This course is part of the EMT Recertification Day 2 curriculum and the New Initial EMT Course. If you sign up for one of those courses, you will be automatically enrolled in this course. Click here for scheduled courses.
- To get credit for this course, you must watch all 6 lessons in their entirety, the course review, and pass the quiz at the end with a score of 75% or better.